BTC Online application requirements 2023-2024
BTC Online application requirements
About Baptist Theological College of Southern Africa
- The Baptist Theological College of Southern Africa (BTC) is a theological higher education school in Randburg, South Africa. Prof. ‘Piff’ G. C. Pereira, the college’s current principal, took over from Prof. Martin Pohlmann, who had been the principal for 14 years until 2017.
- The Baptist Union of Southern Africa founded the college in 1951 to train pastors for Baptist churches. The college, which has a Baptist tradition, now invites students of all denominations who want to prepare for Christian service. More than 500 students were enrolled in the College’s various qualifying programs in 2019.
- Passion for work, academic achievement, commitment to its evangelical constituency, and educational innovation are only a few of the seminary’s values. Their classes look at both old and new scriptures in order to provide a more complete picture of Christ. Students are always encouraged to participate in Bible studies while attending classes by the staff.
- A number of student support services are available. Practical skills are also provided to students in order to assist them to enhance their ministerial practices. Professionally trained staff is always on hand to assist pupils. The library provides computers and materials to folks who do not have access to them at home. More students are applying to the college as a result of the contact-based and distance-learning courses.
BTC Online application requirements 2023-2024
We have seven different programs to choose from, each with its own set of requirements.
- Christian Life Advanced Certificate (120 credits, NQF 5). The first year of the HCCL is comparable to the first year of the BTh. It’s great for people looking for solid life and ministry foundations. It also serves as a stepping stone into university education for pupils who do not meet BTh’s entry standards.
- Christian Counseling Advanced Certificate (120 credits, NQF 5). The HCCC is a thorough training program for pastoral and lay counselors.
- Theology Bachelor’s Degree (360 credits, NQF 7). The BTh is a three-year theological degree. We currently offer a general BTh, which is appropriate for pastors, missionaries, and Bible instructors, as well as a Christian counseling specialization.
- Honors Bachelor of Theology (120 credits, NQF 8). The first postgraduate degree is the BTh Hons. It builds on a BTh and prepares students for MTh-level theological research.
- Master of the Holy Spirit (240 credits, NQF 9). The MDiv is meant to satisfy the need for advanced pastoral training among pastors. The program is appropriate for second-career pastors because it does not require previous theological qualifications.
- Theology Master’s Degree (180 credits, NQF 9). The MTh is a research degree that allows you to focus on a specific area of theological studies. It is designed for those who want to teach theology and serves as a stepping stone to a Ph.D. in theology.
- Philosophical Doctorate (360 credits, NQF 10). A Ph.D. is a post-doctoral research degree. Our Ph.D. is based on a dissertation.
Admission Requirements for the Baptist Theological College of Southern Africa are as follows:
You must meet the following requirements to enter the NVC at NQF Level 2:
- A year-end report for Grades 9, 10, 11, or 12, or a NQF Level 1 qualification, or an approved bridging program established specifically for the purpose of gaining entry to NQF Level 2, or an RPL assessment to meet the basic requirements for NQF Level 2 access.
All new applications must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Certified copy of latest school report/statement of results/Grade 12 or N3 certificate.
- Six certified copies of the ID of the Learner.
- Two certified copies of ID of Parent/Guardian.
- One ID size photo of Learner.
Applications should be submitted as soon as feasible during the annual application cycle, which begins in April.
DOCUMENTS TO UPLOADING
- The relevant documentation must be submitted by everyone who is seeking for a new qualification (all first-time applicants and Baptist Theological College of Southern Africa, BTC students starting a new qualification). The deadline for uploading the relevant documents is the application deadline. No documents will be accepted after the application deadline has passed.
- Scanners and technological gadgets are not provided by the Baptist Theological College of Southern Africa (BTC). Before beginning the application process, please make sure that all of your documents have been scanned and transferred to an electronic device.
BTC online Application Status
BTC online Courses
How to Apply BTC online
BTC online application dates
BTC online registration dates
How to register BTC Online
BTC online Prospectus
BTC Online application fee
For more info on BTC click here