How to Apply UWC online 2023-2024
How to Apply UWC online
About University of Western Cape
- The Institution of the Western Cape (UWC) is a public university in Bellville, South Africa, which is a suburb of Cape Town. The university was founded by the South African government in 1960 as a university exclusively for Colored people.
- The Institution of the Western Cape is a public university in Cape Town, South Africa, located in the Bellville neighborhood. Western Cape University has a long history of innovative resistance to injustice, discrimination, and disadvantage. It has been at the forefront of South Africa’s historic shift, playing a unique academic role in assisting in the development of an equitable and dynamic nation. UWC’s main concerns about higher education access, equity, and quality stem from considerable practical participation in assisting the historically marginalized to fully participate in the nation’s life.
How to Apply UWC online 2023-2024
THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS FOR 2023 IS MAY 14, 2022.
- No application costs are required.
- By the deadlines, all applications must be completed online and all relevant supporting documents must be provided. Only after all essential documents have been supplied will an application be considered complete. Please note that no papers will be accepted by email.
- Because space is limited, applicants are encouraged to apply to many tertiary institutions.
You will need the following items to apply for the University of the Western Cape Online Application:
- Your South African identity number and
- a functional email address
- If you’re applying for a visa from another country, you’ll need your passport number.
How to Submit a UWC Online Application
- Visit https://www.uwc.ac.za/ for further information.
- Proof that you’ve paid your registration fee (compulsory for SA and International applicants)
- Certified copy of your ID document (ID document is required for South African nationals; your application will not be processed until you provide a certified copy of your ID and your passport number for international applicants).
- Exam Results: Grade 12 Final Exam Results (if available). Your grade 11 scores (if you are currently in grade 12) are critical to your application. As a result, keep it on hand.
- When applying online or by mail, keep in mind that you’ll need a unique email address.
Applicants can click here to apply online
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Application Procedures at the University of the Western Cape (UWC)
- The application process for UWC is broken down into six (6) steps, which include:
STEP 1; Go to www.uwc.ac.za/Students/Admin/Pages/Apply-Online.aspx for further information. and then choose New Application.
STEP 2; Ensure that the Application Type is selected to Postgraduate while completing your application.
STEP 3; Fill in the Personal Information section
STEP 4; Specify the following when completing your Application Type:
- Study Type:
- Year of Admission:
STEP 5: Fill in the Applicant Contact Details section
STEP 6; Finalize the Next of Kin Details section
STEP 7; Make sure to list all your academic qualifications to date.
STEP 8; Finish the Financial Information section
STEP 9; If you’ve applied for or been given a bursary, include the information here.
STEP 10; Fill in the blanks in the Alumni, Staff, and Marketing sections. If any of the material does not apply to you, disregard it. Continue to submit your application.
STEP 11: Admission Of Application
- You will get an email from the University acknowledging receipt of your application after completing the online application form.
- Your APPLICANT NUMBER will appear on the acknowledgment letter.
- This applicant number must be referenced in any correspondence with the university.
- You will also receive a pamphlet that lists the SUPPORTING documents that must be sent to the University by the application deadlines in order for your application to be considered complete.
STEP 12 – Upload Supporting Documentation
- To get supporting documents, go to the link
- Complete the forms and submit the needed documents
- Already Matriculated Students, do not need to submit supporting documents
- Already Matriculated students: Upload your matrix certificate/foreign school leaving certificate.
- For students attending other tertiary institution: submit a certifiedcopy of your academic record and certificate of good character.
For more info on UWC click here