Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Application 2023-2024
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Application
Brief on Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- Before that, the University of Port Elizabeth (UPE), the Port Elizabeth Technikon, and Vista University’s Port Elizabeth campus were all known as Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU).
- The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) was established on January 1, 2005, following the merger of the PE Technikon of the University of Port Elizabeth (UPE) and the Vista University Port Elizabeth campus (Vista PE).
- The PE Technikon has its roots in the country’s oldest art school, the PE Art School, which was established in 1882; the University of Port Elizabeth (UPE), the country’s first dual-medium residential university, which was established on 31 January 1964; and the Vista University Port Elizabeth campus, which provided disadvantaged students with access to higher education.
- The government’s statewide reform of higher education resulted in the merger of these institutions, with the goal of delivering a more equal and efficient system to fulfill the requirements of South Africa, the continent, and the world in the twenty-first century.
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University was renamed Nelson Mandela University on July 20, 2017, making it the world’s only higher education institution to bear the name Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela. The name change allowed the institution to rebrand and reposition itself on a continental and worldwide scale, as well as usher in a new age of renewed zeal in the pursuit of meaningful development.
Opening and closing of admissions Date for Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
For admission in 2023, applications start on May 1 and close on August 31, 2023.
Requirements for Admission At Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- To be considered for admission, you must meet the following general entrance requirements:
- Individual program entrance requirements may change from year to year, so prospective students should be aware of this.
- All applicants must complete the Senior Certificate level of English, which is the minimal additional language requirement; some programs may demand first or home language status.
- Each program has its own set of admissions criteria.
- Some programs will need students to take an admission test to determine whether they will be accepted into the program or if they should enroll in a prerequisite course.
Undergraduates are eligible to apply.
Procedure for submitting an application.
Your online application must be accompanied by the following documents:
- A signed copy of your final Grade 11 exam results or
- a certified copy of your most recent Grade 12 (June/September) exam results (no March results),
- or a certified copy of your matriculation certificate/statement of results if you have already passed Grade 12/completed schooling,
- certified copies of your diploma/degree certificates plus
- academic record(s) and certificate(s) of conduct if you have studied elsewhere,
- a certified copy of your matriculation certificate/statement of results if you have already
- a certified copy of your ID (birth certificate if still waiting for ID),
- a certified copy of your parent’s/legal guardian’s/identity surety’s document,
- and a declaration by your parent/legal guardian/surety if you are a dependant,
- or currently at school, or studying at a tertiary institution,
- or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the University.
- You will need to consider another qualification if your Applicant Score (AS) and subject-specific percent pass marks do not exceed the direct entrance standards for your selected program, as we no longer assess applicants for admission.
- Some programs have extra selection requirements; please review your faculty’s specific requirements in the Undergraduate Guide.
You can keep track of your application’s progress.
- Your application’s conclusion will be communicated to you via our website and SMS. Please double-check that your cell phone number is correct.
- In November/December, if you are accepted, you will receive an orientation handbook as well as registration information.
- If you are studying elsewhere, your final school-leaving scores must meet the minimum entrance standards for your selected program, or you must submit your final academic record and certificate of conduct.
- Keep up with application status here
Helpful link from Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan online Registration
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Application Status
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan online Courses
How to Apply Nelson Mandela Metropolitan online
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan online application dates
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan online registration dates
How to register Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Online
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan online Prospectus
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Online application fee
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Online application requirements
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Application form
University of Cape Town Online Application
University of Fort Hare Online Application
University of the Free State Online Application
University of KwaZulu-Natal Online Application
University of Limpopo Online Application
For more info visit NMU web here