pgce nwu application 2023-2024
pgce nwu application
- Northwestern is a major research university with over 90 education centers and over 50 University research centers. With an inter-disciplinary lifestyle, our research extends cognitive science, nano-technology, biotech, and drug development.
- The North-West University (NWU) retains its strong position in international rankings. The university is now ranked among the top 101 to 150 universities in the Times Higher Education (THE) Young School Rankings, out of more than 350 universities.
- The NWU is an African university with students from 66 different nationalities that is recognized internationally for its high standards of excellence in teaching, learning, and research.
pgce nwu application 2023-2024
- The PGCE is a professional capping qualification for candidates who already have a three-year university degree with sufficient credits in approved school subjects. Students specialize in senior and FET Phase teaching (Grade 7 to 12 learners).
- Students who complete this qualification, which focuses on classroom practice, will be able to demonstrate the contextual roles and skills of a good teacher.
- The minimum entry requirements for the PGCE in senior and FET teaching are a relevant B-degree (or equivalent qualification with at least 360 credits) in at least two school subjects at the degree level. One subject must be at the third-year level, and the second subject must be at the second-year level. In addition, there are subject-specific requirements.
- In order to obtain an education qualification, students in the Faculty of Education must meet the MRTEQ (Minimum Requirements for Teacher Education Qualifications) guidelines. As part of the teacher training program, the MRTEQ requires a set of consecutive practicum days to be completed at a Faculty of Education-approved school. WIL (teaching practice) is thus a key feature of all educational qualifications and a requirement for receiving a qualification. The HEQC-registered program requirement for the PGCE qualification is a total of 40 school-based teaching practice days. During their period of study, all students must complete 40 days of school-based teaching practice at a Faculty of Education-approved school. Each semester, non-negotiable WIL dates are set – 20.
- Please keep in mind that teaching assistant positions, employment outside of the school-based education sector, and teaching/assisting outside of the Senior and FET Phases do not count toward teaching practice days. If the PGCE is completed over two years, didactic modules must be completed in the first year of study, and WIL modules must be completed in the second year of study. PGCE students must complete their WIL in both the Senior (Gr. 7-9) and FET (Gr. 10-12) phases during their studies, preferably in the FET phase in the first semester and the Senior phase in the second semester. WIL entails additional financial costs that students must bear. These expenses are not included in the tuition.
Learn more about postgraduate
nwu residence application
apply online at nwu
nwu honours application
nwu application form
nwu distance learning application
online application at nwu
nwu pgce online application
nwu pgce online
north west university late application
nwu new application
online registration nwu