UJ Online Registration 2023-2024
UJ online Registration
About University of Johannesburg
- The Institution of Johannesburg (UJ) is a South African state university in Johannesburg. The University of Johannesburg was founded on January 1, 2005, when the Rand Afrikaans University (RAU), the Technikon Witwatersrand (TWR), and the Vista University Soweto and East Rand campuses merged.
- The University of Johannesburg (UJ) shares the cosmopolitan Johannesburg, the city whose name it bears, in terms of pace and intensity. The university is proudly South African, with roots in Africa, and is well-prepared to play a part in realizing the potential of higher education for the continent’s development. With a student population of over 50 000, including over 3000 international students from 80 countries, UJ has evolved into a diverse, inclusive, transformational, and collegial institution. From the 26 public universities that make up the higher education system in South Africa (SA), UJ is one of the major contact institutions.
- The University of Johannesburg’s mission is to be “an international university of choice, rooted in Africa, and dynamically influencing the future.” “Inspiring its community to alter and serve humanity through innovation and the collaborative pursuit of knowledge,” the mission states. Four ideas, namely imagination, discussion, regeneration, and ethical grounding, underlay these. The six strategic objectives give a focused manner of realizing the University’s Vision, Mission, and Values, as stated above. They also constitute a reworking of the original UJ Strategic Thrusts 2020 in the context of the University’s broader orientation as “The Pan-African” Centre for Critical Intellectual Inquiry, with the primary goal of achieving worldwide greatness and eminence.
UJ online Registration 2023-2024
- New undergraduate student registration is now closed. The few outstanding overseas student registrations are being handled on a case-by-case basis and must be completed by Friday morning, February 18, 2022.
Continuing students (undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students) can register until Sunday, February 20, 2022, depending on space availability.
- Master’s students who just need to enroll for a minor dissertation to finish their studies have until February 25, 2022, to do so.
Students with full research master’s and doctoral degrees have until March 31, 2022, to register, subject to space availability.
- Registration for returning/continuing students in Diploma, Degree, Honours, and Course Work Masters programs begins on January 17, 2022, and ends on February 11, 2022. (only online, off-campus registration will be allowed).
Senior students’ access cards will be enabled automatically following registration.
First-year undergraduate students registration opens on 21 January 2022 and closes on 11 February 2022 (only online, off-campus registration will be allowed) (only online, off-campus registration will be allowed).
Students in their first year only need to come to campus to pick up their student cards. During the registration period, students can pick up their student cards at any location. You will need your printed proof of registration as well as an ID or driver’s license to get entrance to campus.
- If you are under the age of 18 when you register, you must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
For applicants to apply to UJ, there are two options: online or in person.
The application methods are listed below.
Follow this helpful link to learn more about the ONLINE Web Application technique.
OFFLINE APPLICATION OF PAPER- R200 (click here to download the hardcopy application form)
For more info on UJ click here