UKZN Application form 2023-2024
UKZN Application form
About University of KwaZulu-Natal
- In 2004, the University of Natal and the University of Durban-Westville merged to become the university.
- Professor Malegapuru Makgoba, a world-renowned medical scientist and former Medical Research Council President, was appointed Vice-Chancellor and University Principal by the University of Natal Council on May 31, 2002, and took office on September 1, 2002. He was tasked with bringing the University of Natal and the University of Durban-Westville together. As a result, he became the University of Natal’s last Vice-Chancellor. Professor Makgoba took over as Vice-Chancellor from Professor Brenda Gourley.
- He was formally appointed as the founding Vice-Chancellor of the newly combined University of KwaZulu-Natal after serving as interim Vice-Chancellor in 2004. On September 30, 2005, he was formally installed.
- Professor Makgoba retired in 2015 after two five-year periods in office. His presidency, on the other hand, was marred by controversy. Makgoba is accused of establishing a “culture of antagonism” within the university, leading to the exit of world-renowned scholars. Dr Albert van Jaarsveld took over as his successor.
UKZN Application form 2023-2024
Opening and closing of admissions Date
For admission in 2023, applications start on May 1 and close on August 31, 2023.
- Please remember to include the following papers (if applicable) in your submission:
- a certified copy of your driver’s license or passport
- Copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate, O/A Levels, or any relevant school leaving qualification/certificate, certified.
- If you are an international applicant, you must obtain proof from Universities South Africa (formerly known as HESA) that you are eligible for admission to degree courses at South African universities. Refer to the undergraduate prospectus for more details.
- If you attended other universities, certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record, and certificate of conduct are required.
- For international applicants from non-English speaking nations, proof of English ability is required.
- If the previous qualification(s) was/were achieved at a foreign university, the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluates it (outside South Africa).
- If you’re applying for a master’s or Ph.D., you’ll need a research proposal/proposed dissertation/thesis title.
- If you are an international student, you must have a valid study visa to study in South Africa.
- Please read the rules above before submitting an online application.
- Please make sure you have all of the HESA/SAQA paperwork you need to finish your application.
- When paying the application fee, please use the reference APPN (followed by your student number).
- Allow the system 24 to 48 hours to process your payment.
2023/2024 UKZN Application Form
The UKZN Application Forms 2023/2024 can be downloaded by clicking on the following link(s):
UKZN online Courses
How to Apply UKZN online
UKZN online application dates
UKZN online registration dates
How to register UKZN Online
UKZN online Prospectus
UKZN Online application fee
UKZN Online application requirements
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE