UKZN Online application requirements 2023-2024
UKZN Online application requirements
About University of KwaZulu-Natal
- In 2004, the University of Natal and the University of Durban-Westville merged to become the university.
- Professor Malegapuru Makgoba, a world-renowned medical scientist and former Medical Research Council President, was appointed Vice-Chancellor and University Principal by the University of Natal Council on May 31, 2002, and took office on September 1, 2002. He was tasked with bringing the University of Natal and the University of Durban-Westville together. As a result, he became the University of Natal’s last Vice-Chancellor. Professor Makgoba took over as Vice-Chancellor from Professor Brenda Gourley.
- He was formally appointed as the founding Vice-Chancellor of the newly combined University of KwaZulu-Natal after serving as interim Vice-Chancellor in 2004. On September 30, 2005, he was formally installed.
- Professor Makgoba retired in 2015 after two five-year periods in office. His presidency, on the other hand, was marred by controversy. Makgoba is accused of establishing a “culture of antagonism” within the university, leading to the exit of world-renowned scholars. Dr Albert van Jaarsveld took over as his successor.
UKZN Online application requirements 2023-2024
Check the University of KwaZulu-(UKZN) Natal’s Admissions Requirements Before Applying
The applicants who are beginning a new qualification must upload all relevant documents, which usually include the following:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
Admission Requirements for the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) in 2023
The University of KwaZulu-admission Natal’s requirements for 2023 is listed below. Before submitting an application, applicants should read it thoroughly.
Applicants must meet the University of KwaZulu-Natal Admission Requirements mentioned below before applying.
Requirements for Undergraduate Admission
|National Senior Certificate or Senior Certificate|
- A National Senior Certificate for Degree Studies (NSC-Deg) or a Senior Certificate with endorsement is required for applicants to undergraduate degree programs.
- 1.2 National Senior Certificate for Diploma Studies (NSC-Dip) or Senior Certificate is required for applicants to undergraduate diploma programs.
|Medium of Instruction|
- UKZN uses English as the medium of teaching, and a pass in English (Home Language or First Additional Language (FAL)) at Level 4 (50 percent or higher) is required, though the College of Law requires a pass in English Home Language at Level 5 or English as FAL at Level 6. A lower English score may be acceptable for entrance to Diplomas or Alternative Access programs. A pass in English as a First or Second Language HG E is necessary for the Senior Certificate.
A pass in Life orientation at Level 4 is required for UKZN degree programs. A pass at Level 3 may be considered by Access Programs.
|Minimum Composite Academic Performance Score|
- Each program has established a minimum composite Academic Performance Score that must be met in order to be admitted. This is, however, the minimum score required for consideration, and students who achieve this level are not guaranteed admission. Applicants to programs are ranked according to their APS scores, and selection is made from the top down until all of the available spots in the program are filled. Because of the great demand for spaces, applicants who do not meet the APS for a given program are unlikely to be selected.
|Subject requirements and Levels of Performance|
- For admission to UKZN programs, there are also subject prerequisites and minimum levels of achievement in individual areas. Applicants who did not include the correct courses in their NSC-Deg or did not achieve the required level of performance in certain areas for admission to a program would be disqualified.
- To help you with your application, the tabulations include the Central Applications Office (CAO) program codes. The code is made up of six letters. The University of KwaZulu-Natal is abbreviated by the first two letters, KN. E = Edgewood, H = Howard College, M = Medical School, P = Pietermaritzburg, and W = Westville are the UKZN campuses where the program is offered. The last three letters denote the program’s name. Make a particular effort
UKZN online Registration
UKZN online Application Status
UKZN online Courses
How to Apply UKZN online
UKZN online application dates
UKZN online registration dates
How to register UKZN Online
UKZN online Prospectus
UKZN Online application fee
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE