UKZN online Prospectus 2023-2024
UKZN online Prospectus
About University of KwaZulu-Natal
- In 2004, the University of Natal and the University of Durban-Westville merged to become the university.
- Professor Malegapuru Makgoba, a world-renowned medical scientist and former Medical Research Council President, was appointed Vice-Chancellor and University Principal by the University of Natal Council on May 31, 2002, and took office on September 1, 2002. He was tasked with bringing the University of Natal and the University of Durban-Westville together. As a result, he became the University of Natal’s last Vice-Chancellor. Professor Makgoba took over as Vice-Chancellor from Professor Brenda Gourley.
- He was formally appointed as the founding Vice-Chancellor of the newly combined University of KwaZulu-Natal after serving as interim Vice-Chancellor in 2004. On September 30, 2005, he was formally installed.
- Professor Makgoba retired in 2015 after two five-year periods in office. His presidency, on the other hand, was marred by controversy. Makgoba is accused of establishing a “culture of antagonism” within the university, leading to the exit of world-renowned scholars. Dr Albert van Jaarsveld took over as his successor.
UKZN online Prospectus 2023-2024
The University of Kwazulu Natal (UKZN) prospectus pdf offers a list of courses, entrance requirements, and all application information to help you through the UKZN admission process.
On the official UKZN website or through the URL provided below, you may easily access and download the UKZN Prospectus.
- UKZN prospectus 2023 pdf download – University of Kwazulu Natal Prospectus Download here
- UKZN Prospectus 2023 Undergraduate pdf Download
- UKZN Prospectus 2023 Postgraduate pdf Download
How To Apply
Applications must be done through the Central Applications Office (CAO) with early provisional offers being made to qualifying applicants. Early provisional offers will be made on Grade 11 results, as the Basic Education sector has not yet confirmed the status of the 2023 June and/or Trial examinations. Below are the steps on how to apply using CAO:
- Go to the CAO website
- Read How to use the programme list
- Refer to the summary of codes used
- Use the ‘Index’ to find which page the programme is on
- Click on ‘Apply’ on top
- Go to Apply Now
- Complete the application by filling in all required details and following the prompts
- Print out the declaration and deposit slip
- Pay application fee
- Attach required documents and proof of payment to the form of declaration
- Post to CAO OR hand in at CAO offices
- Keep the receipt and make a note of the CAO number and password in order to track your application status later
- South African applicants with an International Matric/School leaving certificate should apply via www.ukzn.ac.za/. Application from International applicants (that is all applicants outside of the South African borders) should apply via www.ukzn.ac.za/Postgraduate Applicants for 2021 are encouraged to apply via www.ukzn.ac.za/Past Matric applicants with a South African Matric/NSC should also apply via the CAO. Please remember to upload the following documents (where applicable):
- Certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Certified copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate or O/A Levels or relevant school leaving qualification/certificate.
- Proof from Universities South Africa (previously known as HESA), that you qualify for admission to degree studies at South African universities if you are an international applicant. For more information, refer to the undergraduate prospectus
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record, and certificate of conduct, if you attended other universities.
- Proof of English proficiency for international applicants from non-English speaking countries.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluations if the previous qualification(s) was/were obtained at foreign universities (outside South Africa).
- A research proposal/proposed title of the dissertation/thesis if you are applying for a Masters’s Degree or Ph.D.
- A valid study visa to study in SA if you are an international applicant.
- Before applying online please make sure that you have read the guidelines above.
- Please ensure that you have the HESA/SAQA documents to be uploaded in order to complete your application.
- Please ensure to use reference APPN (followed by your student number) when making application fee payments.
- Please allow the system 24 hrs to 48 hrs to clear your payment.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE